SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, May 3, 2010

He is Enough for Me

In MUET (Malaysian University English Test) speaking component, examinees will be given a topic and they're supposed to discuss on the topic, in a group.

For my exam, my topic was something like, where should we go to when we're in trouble. And I was supposed to answer "parents" (yeah, the question will give you the answer, you should just construct your own words and play along. Other examinees will get different answers, that was how the exam goes) 

The reason I gave was parents are definitely older than us and so, they know more things than we know, most of the time more than what we think they know. And so, going to them for moral support is very recommended because chances are, they went through this problem we're having in early 20s. 

I also said that going to peers are not well recommended, for the fact that peers are as inexperienced as we are. Peers might be having just the same problem we are having. In Malay language, there's a proverb, "bagai ketam mengajar anaknya berjalan lurus". Literally translated, it means "like a crab teaching it's kids(?) to walk straight". My own created English proverb: "A monkey teaching another monkey how to cook using a microwave oven".

That is precisely the reason why I am very grateful for my family. A very supportive parents, whom I know I can always fall back on when anything goes wrong. My mum said that's one of the reason I always do things blatantly, because I know I can fall back on them, morally. And I am pretty sure some if not many of us have a supportive family, I hope so.

But, what if the problem does not only inflict us as an individual?
What if it inflicted the whole family?
Say, the sickness of a family member, or worse, the death of a family member.

At that point, every member of that family has their own grief to attend to, despite having to be supportive to each other.
At this point, family members cannot afford to fall back onto their family for moral support, each and every one of them needs something to fall back on, no energy to support someone else.

Wanna hope for non family members?
Slim chance there will be anyone, unless you're blessed with caring, patient friends.  =)




"HasbiAllahu laa ilaaha illaa Huwa 'alayhi tawakkaltu wa Huwa Rabbul Arshil Adheem"



please please please read all the meanings in this post. they are very beautiful. I know some readers will tend to scroll down but, believe me, these meanings are worth reading, and knowing. And they really are not many of them. =)





Allah is sufficient for me. 
There is none worthy of worship but Him.
I have placed my trust in Him. He is Lord of the Majestic Throne

And so, feel free to fall back on Him.
For He is always near to us. What we need to do is just pray to Him. Just pray to Him.

He promised, he'll be there for us.

"When My servant ask you concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every supplicant when he calls on Me; let them also, with a will, listen to My call, and believe in Me: that they may walk in the right way" [2;186]"

He promised! Yes, He promised!
=)

And there's another promise, we will not be burdened more than what we can bear.
We will only be tested with bearable tests, those within our capabilities.

"Allah does not impose upon any soul a duty but to the extent of its ability" [2;286]


****A strong reminder to myself, and to friends out there. He promised, He'll be there for us. Any other being in this world can promise that? To be there whenever you need them? To be ready to listen to any of your cries? And to really really be there when you need them? ****

Sincerely from, 
-AkMaR-
http://nur-akmar.blogspot.com

Monday 3rd May 2010
10.25pm

Post a Comment