Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Genting Highland with Sister

The day after the sentimental trip, I went to Genting Highland with my sister, Aisyah. She has been asking me to bring her to GH for quite some time, hoping we can spend a night there. She even agreed to pay 20% of my ticket fare. But since it's school holiday season, the rate for a room for one night is too expensive. We asked my dad if he will allow us to sleep spend time in the lobby until the next morning because we plan to play at the indoor theme park until it closes at 1am. But of course, as expected, my dad said NO.

Anyway, we still go for the GH trip, and my sister has been preparing for this trip a lot earlier. She bought a new shoe, new pair of contact lens (it's gonna be hard to play roller-coaster with glasses on, said her) and without me knowing it, she has been collecting her pocket money for months prior for this trip!

And this trip will surely remain as an adventurous, unexpected trip for us both.

Since I am not allowed to drive up, my father sent us to Bangsar LRT Station and we were to take LRT to Terminal Putra, take bus from there to the cable car, and up we go to GH.
The buses from Terminal Putra depart every 30mins thus, we do not have to worry of buying the tickets.

But of course, we human can only plan.
When we reach Terminal Putra at 8.30am, the earliest bus will be at 11am!
There were no every-30-mins bus, I am unsure why.
And a taxi man was practically forcing us to take his taxi uphill for RM15 per person, and well, that's expensive!

So I decided to ride the LRT back to Masjid Jamek, change to Titiwangsa and we reached 5mins before 9.30am and lucky us, there was a bus departing at 9.30am. I really wanted to ride the cable car but, the bus counter person told us that this bus is not going to stop at the cable car station, it'll stop further away and we will have to walk for 20mins to reach the station. Duh! Goodbye cable car, I do not want to tire my legs early in the morning. So we bought the ticket to go right up to the peak.

And the bus was an old bus, and since we were amongst the latest, we had to sit on the most behind seats; the "best" ones. And the design of the seats did not suite my body architecture that I could not find a good posture to sit.

Reached the terminal!

Due to some problems created by my sister and her attire, we could only start playing at 12pm.

Rejang Flume Ride. One of my favourite rides! And this picture was taken when our boat is going up!

This was also when our boat was going up. Notice the slant? And I was really trying my best to grip the sides of the boat so that I won't slip down.

But the best part of the day is not over yet!

The last bus of the day was scheduled to be at 11pm while the second last bus was at 10.10pm, and after much persuasion, our parents allowed us to come down on the last bus.

However at around 8pm, I was already tired and managed to get my sister to agree to take the 10.10pm bus. We were late since the last ride we took made us queue very long and at 10pm, both of us were running across the First World Hotel to the bus terminal. And as soon as we reached the bus counter, the man said the 10.10pm bus was full. So I had to buy the 11pm bus. However, the man said I can go and ask if the bus driver allows us to hop into his bus, and if there were no seats, we shall stand. STAND??!! Oh well, I really want to get down fast so off we went to the platform.

Adding to the misery, the bus has not arrived! And more and more people are coming. Only at 10.35 did the bus arrive. When giving my ticket to the driver, I asked if I can come up onto the bus; and the driver kept quiet. I took it as a yes and went in. We chose two seats and hope that they belong to any Bangladeshi men boarding the bus, since there were many of them. There is a bigger chance that the Bangladeshi men may not ask the seats from us, local girls. And there were a lot of extra people on the bus, I am sure they are supposed to be in the 11pm bus too!

Unfortunately for us, one of the seats belonged to a Pakistani family, and the wife sternly claimed the seat from us. I gave her the seat while my sister continued to sit. And I stood on the isle. The bus had two stairs in it, and suddenly I found myself stucked in the middle of two sitting Bangladeshi men. They were sitting on the floor; on the staircase to be exact. One in front of me and one behind me. I felt so awkward having two unknown men sitting very near my legs. Thank God the man in front decided to stand and a Chinese uncle gestured to me asking me to sit on the place the Bangladeshi left.

So I sat on the floor.
Until KL.
For more than an hour.
I could not see anything outside the window, I was too short for it.
I can only swing left and right when the bus driver made a sharp turn.
And I think the sharp turns spinned my stomach that I felt like vomiting. I wanted to take my minyak angin out but was scared that the whole bus will smell of the ointment.
I was also scared that the man standing in front of me might just fall on me if the bus brakes.
And I was thinking and imagining a lot of things at the same time.
And I dozed off (I wonder how on Earth I did that) a few times.

I was really hoping there was someone I could call to fetch me from Genting since my father could not because his extra-hard-working Japanese boss would not let him off just yet.

The Bangladeshi who stood up to let me sit did not look at me at all while we were driving downhill, so I could not even gesture a thank you.

When we entered Gombak, I started standing since a lot of people wanted to get down the bus. And to my surprise the Bangladeshi man who did not even look at me a while ago started to stare, smile and grinned. It was harder to avoid eye contact with him than to doze off sitting on the floor.

And when we reached the terminal, I chose to get down the bus later than most everyone, hoping the man will leave first. And I was so nervous when he did not. He waited outside the bus, with another friend. I was hoping he's waiting for another friend to get down. But when I get down with my sister and headed to the lamp post, he and his friend started walking to our direction. It was already near 12pm and I hoped they will not try to even talk to us. I took out my phone and started calling my dad saying we reached the terminal, and I pulled my sister heading to a different direction, and luckily the men did not follow. I do not know whether I was being too paranoid, or whether the men decided not to do anything. But we quickly walked to the roadside and waited for my father.

When I got in his car, I was so relieved.......
Relieved that I just want to sleep and not getting out of the car.

My father reached at about 10 past 12 midnight.
And that marks our adventurous day out.


No comments:

Post a Comment