SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Car Boot Market

For a moment, I couldn't think of a title to give to this post.

Since I named it Car Boot Market, let me just start with my first time going to a car boot market :)

Last Saturday, a couple of Malaysian doctors brought us to Chorley, to visit another doctor's hse. We dropped by Chorley car boot market, and I was surprised to see how big it was. Fortunately (or not), I did not have much cash with me, I had less than £4, and I dont think they accept payment via debit card so I indirectly was able to control my spendings.
But fortunately too, the items sold were very very cheap.

The first thing that caught my attention was a Sophie Kinsella book.
I gathered my courage (it took my quite a while) to ask how much does the book cost. And to my surprise, it was only 30p! It was a fairly new-looking book. Trying to hide my excitement, I asked (with a straight face), "Can I get it for a cheaper price?" (I doubt she'll agree to it, but since the doctor told me that the prices are bargain-able, I decided to give it try).
She looked at me and sighed, smiling, "Sorry no, it can't. It's still quite new, it had only been read once".
I grinned, and paid for it.

Cut the story short, that day after the lunch and introduction to Malaysian married doctor couples in Preston, they brought us to an oriental shop called Far East. The owner is a Malaysian lady from Ipoh and Kiew was so delighted to see lots and lots of Msian Chinese food there. There was even a Bak Kut Teh packed soup with a Malaysian Halal logo on it :D

After the oriental shop, they drove us to a Pakistani shop; Asia Continental and we did our weekly shopping :)

This is my first real week as a medical student, in the hospital.
The past one month was wasted spent for introductory courses. During the feedback, many of us commented that the introduction was too long; our friends in Liverpool, who started later than us have started taking bloods while we were running around trying to chase after a nurse =.=" I hope they take our comments into consideration and reduce the length for the next cohort.
I am not, however, going to talk about my experiences in the hospital, yet.

Last week, or a couple of weeks ago, I signed up for Google AdSense.
It is a program that enables blogger to put up relevant advertisement onto their blogs, and every time a reader click onto the ad, the blog owner will earn some money.
That is how bloggers in Malaysia earn about RM1mil, they put up ads onto their blogs.

In the Google AdSense agreement, it was stated that my blog will be monitored by their team, before they agree to put up ads on it.
And so they put a blank white widget onto my blog; a space for the upcoming ads.


Few days (or a week) later, I received an email.
Hello,

As mentioned in our welcome email, we continue to review your AdSense
application once AdSense code is placed on your sites. As a result of this
review, we have disapproved your account for the following violation(s).

Issues:

- Unacceptable site content

---------------------

Further detail:

Unacceptable site content: Your website contains content that we do not
allow at this time. Please review our policies
(https://www.google.com/adsense/policies) for a complete list of site
content not allowed on webpages.

And I was like, what? Unacceptable site contents?
What was it that was unacceptable?
Was it that "Made in USA? No, Thanks" logo I had?
Or the "Free Palestine" pictures?

Haha.. Anyway, you might not be able to see the white space now, I may have removed it by the time u read this.
It doesnt really bother me, it only made me wonder, how did they review my blog and find it unacceptable?

I've also changed my introductory sentences, on the widget on the right.
I used to put "medical student in IMU".
It changed now.
But I still, do not want to leave IMU completely thus, its name is still there, heh...



So yea, let's mark this date on the calendar; October 4th 2011, the day I officially changed my "status" on this blog =.="

till then,


-Because life is a test-




-AkMaR-
http://nur-akmar.blogspot.com

Post a Comment