SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Paralysis and Hibernation

Assalammualaikum!
Today is the Christmas holiday.
And I am stuck in Fatin's hse with Ain (introduction: Fatin and Ain were my two housemates in INTEC).



Locked In

I came back from our Muslim students' winter gathering in the Lake District yesterday.
The gathering was held for 4 days. And after the gathering, I went back to Preston for only about 3 hrs and rushed to Manchester, catching the last train to Manchester on Christmas eve.

The last train is at 8.40pm!
And public buses in Preston stopped operating after 7pm.
And taxis doubled their fare.
When I reached Manchester at 9+, there was no bus and taxis will be very expensive thus I walked with Ain to Rusholme, with our two big luggage.
By the time I reached Fatin's hse, I can't feel my feet.



And today, all the shops are closed and no bus operates.
Ohhhh!! I feel soooo (I dunno how to describe it better) congested, cramped, stuck, trapped and locked in.

This is so different from the festive holidays in Malaysia.
In Malaysia, ppl work during holidays and they'll be paid a lot.
Maybe the worker's rights here have gotten too strong that no one work during Christmas.
Fatin even told me if I were to lie down in the middle of the road today, no car will run over me.

I can't wait to go out for lunch!
At least Muslim restaurants in Rusholme are still open (i hope!)

Boxing Day!

Ok, what day is tomorrow?
It is THE boxing day!

Boxing day is the day right after Christmas; the 26th of Dec that is.
On that day, a crazy sale is supposed to be on.
Prices should drop by at least half.

And ppl will queue from dawn just to be the first to get into the shop when it opens and grab the things they want. Ppl fight for designer brands like they fight for their life, almost. That is what I heard from friends. But ppl say those brands that customers queue for are brands like Gucci, LV, etc.
I have no intention to buy such brands at all. So this year I'm not going to queue at dawn.

I just want to see how boxing day is. I want to see how busy the shops are, how tired the salesgirls will be, and how "ferocious" customers will turn into.
Of course, I do plan to buy some things, I've even made a list!

InsyaAllah, I'll have two more boxing days. I am due to graduate mid-2014.
Maybe during one of these two coming boxing days, I will be one of the people lining up in front of a shop, waiting for its door to open *grin grin*
Not so much on the shopping itself, but more to the experience and thrill.

-Because life is a test-


-AkMaR-
http://nur-akmar.blogspot.com

1 comment :

  1. u still have plenty of time to practice your boxing skill.incase you need them later.

    *rebut & lariiii* :P :P

    orkeD

    ReplyDelete