SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Apple Support

Assalammualaikum.
So yesterday I talked about my silly blunder - deleting 80GB of my files
Saying "silly" makes it sounds cute.
It isn't really.
I really feel stupid and angry and disappointed at myself for losing 7 years worth of files.

So yesterday I set up an appointment time for Apple to call me back for technical help.
I made it at 7pm and completely forgotten about it.
Today, on the dot at 7pm - I received a call from a Singaporean number.
Then only I remembered it must be from Apple.
Once I picked it up, a computer generated voice greeted me - Press 1 if I would like to speak to their technician or Press 2 if I would like to reschedule the call.
Convenient eh?

So I chose 1.
And the call was directed to another operator that says something like I am in a queue and will be entertained shortly.
I have been wondering since yesterday - who will I be talking to?
American? Or Asian? Or better, Malaysian?
Will I be charged for this call?
When I first saw the Singaporean number, I was relieved and disappointed at the same time.
Relieved because it will be an Asian person talking to me but disappointed - why isn't their call centre in Malaysia??

Anyway to my surprise - the person on the other end of the line was an American man (from the accent)
And throughout the phone call, he was being really nice and understanding.
It's been a long time since I speak purely English - I've been mixing Malay and English + Chinese a lot in Malaysia (and proud of it).
This man's choice of words were very pleasing and professional.
He kept saying "Aaah yes, I understand", or "It must be hard on you" "Oh yes I did that once as well and felt really bad myself" bla bla bla.
I can only think that he must have undergone a really good customer service training.
He might not mean what he said (Yes, they are mostly very superficial) but it is very comforting to hear.

I kept comparing him to the many many Malaysian telephonists I've spoken to.
Although Malaysian telephonists are helpful, they are not generally friendly and understanding.
They are almost robotic, and sometimes even challenging or laughed at us.

At the end of the conversation, he was trying to tell me that he can't help recover my files - he very aptly put in a sentence - "Well this is a very good lesson and experience for you. Next time you will know exactly what to do and have the power to decide how you want it to be done"
So customer-servicey kan?

OK lah, that's all for now.
I have to come to terms that I will not be able to recover my 80GB worth of files.
To be honest, I do not know what I lost yet.
I think I must have lost all my travelling pictures.
As for documents, I will feel the pinch when I need them later.


-Because life is a test-


-AkMaR-
http://nur-akmar.blogspot.com

Post a Comment