SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, November 23, 2017

The Excitement in Organising

Assalammualaikum.

Anyone who has known me long enough from my high school years would have known that I like to organise events / gatherings / outings.
In high school, I organised a school trip to Genting Highland (yes I did, together with mother: the library teacher)
I organised a post-SPM informal outing to Port Dickson with my classmates, the first (and only) informal high school reunion and various extra-curricular activities in INTEC and IMU as well.
But I toned down in the UK. I was not actively involved in any student body in the UK as much as I thought I would. Mostly it was because I stayed in Preston, far from Manchester city. A little part of it was also because I needed to focus on my studies and at the same time I started dating my now husband 🙊 🙊 . Guess I wasn't that good of a multi-tasker.
While I was a house officer, I did even less organising. I was quite active in the houseman society but due to time and energy constraints, I did not organise many events.

In this hospital, I've participated actively in organising our latest project: The Organ Donation Awareness Week.
I was very excited that time. Contacting people for tshirts / look for buyers / went to the nearest shopping mall to ask permission to do a roadshow there and many others. But I have not really realised it yet.

And now, I am taking part in organising the Doctors Club Inaugural Annual Dinner.
And I get excited just by the thought of organising it.
I am in charge of the smoothness of the day, to contact a band to perform live music, and some other secret duties as well.
The dinner is less than a month from now.
There are so much to do but I am pretty sure we will all do well and will manage to pull this off.

Then only now I realised, I really like organising events.
The excitement and joy in me that was buried for the past 4 yrs just came out like a reservoir unable to contain the water in it anymore.

But I hope I will not lose my focus on the things I have to focus on; my husband and my career.

Just a short one today 🙃 🙃
I am oncall tomorrow - need to sleep early and get enough rest.


-Because life is a test-



-AkMaR-
http://nur-akmar.blogspot.com


Post a Comment