SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

MMed Anaes Entrance Exam

Assalammualaikum.
A short update today.

The exam is coming up in less than a week.
This is my entrance exam; ie the RM250 exam that will determine whether or not I get accepted into the MMed Anaes Masters Programme.


Last week we had an intensive course - one whole week in Hospital Permai.
The intensive course combined the entrance exam candidates as well as the first-year masters students - they will be having their exam in April next year.

I met many of my INTEC and IMU mates who are already in the Masters programme - sometimes I feel left behind but then, we should never compare other people's timeline with ours 💪

During the course, someone asked Dr Omar - what are the syllabus for the masters entrance exam, to which he replied - "There is no syllabus. Anything can come out - from primary to final year questions"
😫

And worse, the exam incorporates a negative marking system.
I have never had negative marking exams before.
Negative marking means your marks will be deducted for every wrong answer - that means if you don't know the answer, better leave the question blank!

As an example:

A highly ionised drug:
A. Is well absorbed from the intestine
B. Is excreted mainly in the kidney
C. pKa is close to physiological pH
D. Is reabsorbed into the renal tubule
E. is highly protein bound


The true answers are: A False | B True | C False | D False | False

So if I answered all correctly, I will get 5 marks.
But if I answered 3 corrects, but 2 wrongs - I get only 1 mark (3 minus 2).
And if I answered 2 corrects, but 3 wrongs - I get 0 mark (2 minus 3).
If I was certain of 3 answers, I should answer the 3 I know, and leave the other 2 unanswered, at least I get 3 marks.

Getit getit?

Anyway, that's it for today.



-Because life is a test-
-AkMaR-
http://nur-akmar.blogspot.com

Post a Comment