SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, October 28, 2019

Oyen

Assalammualaikum.

Oyen

This is Oyen.
She is not mine. I don't know whose is she.
I gave her that name this morning. She is currently pregnant - I don't know how far is she in her pregnancy.

I have never been a fan of cats. I don't like cats. I am almost scared of them.
I think I can't stand holding a moving living creature. It grosses me out. Maybe that is why I cringe waktu menyiang ikan - and I rarely do.
Aisyah, my sister is worse. She can literally cry when a cat comes near her, even when the cat is 6metres away.

Oyen started coming to my house around a month ago - or perhaps I started realising her these past few weeks.
Cats have been sleeping on my porch intermittently for now. But Oyen caught my eyes because she is pregnant hence she stands out from the other cats.
I started looking out for her lately. Maybe the maternal instinct kicked in, since she is pregnant.
Akmal started it first. He considered buying catfoods during our routine grocery shopping - the price was the only thing that stopped him. Why are cat foods so expensive?!
He then gave our leftover Texas Chicken to Oyen.
Since then I started giving some of our leftovers.
Then Akmal bought a pack of cheap catfood!

Her favourite spot - in front of my sliding door

This morning I saw her again.
She was lying in front of my door. I almost stepped on her as I was going out of the house to hang my laundry.
I was actually looking for her on my porch, not realising she was really beneath my feet.

Whosever she is, I think the owner is not taking care of her much.
She looks like she yearns human touch - if that makes sense. She keeps gesek-ing herself to my shoe rack, and my grille.
She gives the single mother vibe. Like she is now on her own, pregnant, surviving for her baby and must look for a place to give birth.
My colleagues said she is testing to see if I am trustworthy - if she can actually give birth here.
OhGod. That sounds like a commitment.

Cats used to sleep on my dustpan. I think it's because the plastic dustpan is warmer than my tiled porch.
But Akmal removed the dustpan, he put it upside down now. So cats don't really have a place to sleep on now.
And I feel bad for pregnant Oyen.
So I made her this.

Box bed - for Oyen

I put some cat food in it, she ate the cat food but did not sleep in the box.
She continued sleeping in front of my glass sliding door. Perhaps she needs more time to trust that box bed.
I hope no other cat will sleep there.
And I am prepared for Oyen to give birth to little kittens there, as long as they don't shit anywhere on my porch.

'til then.


-Because life is a test-

-AkMaR-
http://nur-akmar.blogspot.com

2 comments :

  1. I used to hate cats too but somehow I love them now. Like who can resist those cute pleading eyess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Tak geli ke to start holding and touching them?
      Rasa mcm geli nak pegang dia lembut2 bergerak2 mcm tu.

      Delete