SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, January 20, 2020

My Blogging Journey

Assalammualaikum.
Hye lovelies.



I started blogging around November 2007, when I was in A-Levels.
At that time blogging was just becoming a trend and I was excited to join the whole shebang.
I used the INTEC computer library a lot at that time, the computers were new and fast, the environment was nice - they were all good times.

At first, I intended for the blog to be a space I write about my day, my thoughts and interests; an online diary of some sort. I didn't even announce my blog to any of my family or friends (I didn't know how to, even. Remember, there was no FB / Ig/ Twitter yet).

My first reader was perhaps Raymond Tan, my high school friend.
At that time he was my go-to man for any computer or IT problems.
There were no comments on my blog posts, and I don't even know if people read my blog and I didn't mind.

I literally filled my blog with how my day goes - where I went and what I did.
I wrote about boys, my break-up, and my exams; oblivious to who might be reading them.
Then suddenly, Zulhilmi Bobby, an INTEC-mate commented on one of my blog posts.
That came as a surprise, I didn't know how he stumbled upon my blog.
Then I realised perhaps some people do read my blog. And I started became wary of my too-private contents.

Blog Walking

Soon I discovered blog walking, I frequently hit the "Next Blog" button on the Blogger top navigation bar but I was always directed to weird business, foreign, finances blog.

So I started to Google "Malaysian Bloggers" and stumbled upon blogs which direct me to other blogs and I became so addicted to it, to reading people's blog.
But I was a silent reader, I rarely leave comments on people's blog (bad girl, ain't I?)
Hence I did not make many friends nor followers.

Some of my INTEC friends started blogging too, but they write on religious stuff and opinions while I write a useless online diary 🤣🤣


Changing So Many URLs

Over the years, I perhaps had more than 5 blog addresses, I used both Blogger.com and Wordpress.com.

There was always something not right or downright annoying with my URL; they're either too much information (name combined with my birth month and year), too boring or even too complicated (try saying ineffable divine serenity in one go).

I learned how to import blogs, tweak simple layouts and a little bit of HTML.
I also created a blog for study, another blog dedicated to medical student ramblings, many other blogs for some other topics but they all did not last long.

It continued throughout my medical school years in Malaysia and in the UK.
It was so easy to blog then, I didn't much else things to do.

Housemanship Challenge

Then I started my housemanship in 2016.
That was when I really slowed down in blogging.
I really wanted to blog about my challenges, my hardships and things I observe during training but all I can do during my once-a-week off days were just sleep, sleep and sleep.
And it sort of died down even when I started my MO-ship, what more with the early stages here when I didn't have access to the internet pun.

Now, I am starting to regain my passion for blogging and I hope I can keep it up.
Heck, I even spent money on a new Blogger theme.

So stay tuned!

-Akmar-

~Because life is a test~




7 comments :

  1. Wow, you've been blogging for so long! I started at 2018 but I have problem keeping up with my blog until recently last year dah boleh nak be a little bit more consistent. My problem is too scared to share about my writing and stuck with what to write so people boleh accept them. Tapi really bad to have this thought, so I treat them as my diary and now I try to be more open about it, finally I feel better! Tak sabar nak read your next blogpost! Nice to meet you btw, I'm Lala! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lala :)

      Aaah yes i have indeed. But there were ups and downs :D
      I feel that too, will people actually read what I write?
      But most of the time I try to write so that I can enjoy reading them back later.


      Delete
    2. Yes. It's more enjoyable that way too! Sometimes when I look back to my previous blog post, I'm so happy to see how much improvement I've made in my writing. I enjoy reading your blog too!

      Delete
  2. i love reading other peoples journey in blogging. it inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes kan, it feels nice to know that we're not the only ones yg sometimes got stuck and couldn't see our directions clearly.

      Delete
  3. I can relate with the whole changing URL multiple times.
    I didn't know it plays a big part in blogging world that I often change it, then I lost all my blogger friends because they couldn't find my blog.

    I know right? I don't think I'd ever spend money on blogger templates but here I am, using my 5th paid blogger templates and planning to buy more but hopefully I can keep using my current one for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha kan. I think byk je new bloggers akan slalu tukar url, sbb rasa mcm x ngam ke tak best ke, x sedap ke. Haha.. Url ni dh mcm branding kan.

      Delete